21.1.06

Circular No 220




No. 220
Newsletter for Alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.

Caracas, 21 of January 2006
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,

Another friend, found through Art, thank you.

The emailing is continuing as usual, those that have servers other than the 1000Mbyte free mail box at yahoo.com, are being shortcharged because in lots of addressees I get the mail returned as “Mail box over the quota” due to the limited mailbox storage space.

I suggest that you check for email that you are missing and ask Don Mitchell for the missing issues.

This is especially true for Trincoll and that must miss a lot of messages.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Art & Val Knaggs av_knaggs@hotmail.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 2, 2005 8:32 PM

Ladislao,
Great to hear from you so promptly, and Vity's Tel#306-586-7072 in his Condo in Regina, Sascatch.
He will be moving to Toronto within a month and asked of us to hold off with addresses till he settles in.
I will try to contact Trevor Soodeen/
As ever,
Art
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: "Ladislao Kertesz"
To: av_knaggs@hotmail.com
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 14:55:01 +0000

Dear Art,
Need address and telephone for Viatlis Gomes and David de Castro.
The last address for Trevor Soodeen is tzsoodeen@shaw.ca, telf 604 853 6252
God bless
Ladislao
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: "Desmond LITTLEPAGE"

To: av_knaggs@hotmail.com
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 23:17:10 +0000

Art,
The report from Vity is correct.
I am now almost in transit to Australia for 4-5 months and leave Trinidad very soon.
My business here keeps me very busy with little time to respond to non-essential e-mails which may lead to more time on the computer which I can little afford.
Whilst in Australia, I will have lots of time and will be happy to respond to "The Abbey Old Boys" club.
This was not however, my last high school in Trinidad.
Pass this on.
Regards
Desmond Littlepage

(Hope Desmond will answer sometime soon to the Circular’s call. Ed.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: "Art & Val Knaggs"

To: dclittlep@hotmail.com
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 15:09:20 -0400

Desmond,
How is life with you these days?
Mount Old Boys (Ladislao in Venezuela) are trying to locate you in Trinidad, and need an address (or phone #); and I got hold of Ken last night at a Halloween Disguise Party, and he suggested I e-mail you.
Has your office # as 652-6644!?! but was not sure where you were staying, or how to get hold of you.
I heard from Vitalis Gomes (another old boy) that last Fri there was an Earth Quake of 5.6 on the Ricta Scale; and that 5 weeks ago you had waves of 20 ft at Maracas Bay and in the Gulf of Paria at Mosquito Creek and Pointe-a-Pierre, is this all true?!?
Vity is in Regina, Sascatchewan, but is in the process of selling his Condo and moving to Ontario, probably nears Niagara.
I offered to give him some 'old mount' contacts there like, Trevor Evelyn, Mickey Chatterton, Trevor Soodeen (lost touch with him about 3 yrs ago), and David de Castro (who sings Calypso's, and composed one for Caribanza a couple of years ago.
Loads of Trinis in the big.
Keep in touch, and all the best,
Art
P.S. Copying Ladislao above.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Fecha: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 15:29:59 +0000 (GMT)
De: cuthbert lande cuthpax@yahoo.co.uk
Para: Salco56@cs.com
Asunto: Happy Holy Christmas

Abbot John Pereira and the Community of Mount St. Benedict wish you and your dear ones a Holy and Happy Christmas.
May the Lord Jesus bring you all His Love and Peace.
May the happiness and blessing be with you all in 2006
Fr. Cuthbert.
(Thank you to Fr. Cuthbert for the best wishes from MSB. Ed.)
(I hope that this indirect mail might open the communication link, thanks)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 16:30:44 +0100 (BST)
From: "Patricia Ames" bacolet2001@yahoo.co.uk
To: "ladislao kertesz" yv1aci@yahoo.com

Please send all future correspondence to Geoff at his new e-mail address which is info@greenfingers-gardencentre.co.uk
Thank you.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: David Ames
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 21:19:51 -0400
Subject: Re; Hi

Greetings.
I graduated in 1957 from Form 5 and then went to St. Mary’s for Form 6.
My brother Geoffrey graduated in 60 or 61, I'm not sure.
I sent the web page link to all of my brothers - Michael 54, Peter 56, Geoffrey 61, and Roger 63 as well as the last circular.
Hopefully you will hear from them
I have a few pictures from those days that I will scan and send to you.
However I have lost contact with all the members of my class.
But I do talk to Maroth De Maroty and Urban.
Maroth sent me the original page link.
Many thanks.
David
(Please send the scanned photos for publication and to cover the dues. Ed.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: "Arreaza" jca953@cantv.net
Date: 6 Jun 10:03 (PDT)

Apreciado Lad:
Recibe un cordial saludo en unión de los tuyos.
No he recibido circulares en las últimas semanas.
Debes estar de viaje y con mucho trabajo.
Si es así que bueno.
Echo de menos tu trabajo que nos retrotrae a buenos tiempos e inolvidables.
La Paz sea contigo,
Julio César Arreaza B
MSB1971
Appreciated Lad: receives a warm greeting in union of yours. I have not received any circular in the last weeks. You must be travelling and with much work. If it is so, good. I miss your work that makes us remember the good unforgettable times. La Paz is with you,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Julio César Arreaza B. jca953@hotmail.com
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 3:51 PM

Apreciado Ladislao:
Trataré de contactar a mi primo Rómulo para que se una al grupo mediante una cena. Julio césar

Appreciated Ladislao: I will try to contact my Rómulo cousin so that he joins us to the group by means of a supper.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Julio César Arreaza B. jca953@hotmail.com
To: ladislaokertesz@hotmail.com
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 23:25:21 -0400

Apreciado Ladislao:
Serías tan amable de enviarme la circular donde pusiste mi escrito.
Yo no la recibí.
Me pregunto si publicaste la foto de la Fonda de las Mercedes alguna vez.
Si es así favor envíamela.
Recibo con gratitud e interés tus circulares.
Saludos,
julio césar Arreaza.

Appreciated Ladislao: Would you be so kind to send me the circular where you sent out my writing. I did not receive it. I ask myself sometimes if you published the photo of the Boardinghouse of the Mercedes. If it is send it to me. Receive with gratitude and interest your circular. Greetings,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date:3/28/2005 8:51:16 PM Central Standard Time
From:jca953@cantv.net
To:Salco56@cs.com

Querido amigo:
Claro que me acuerdo de ti.
Yo soy Julio César Arreaza , yo sólo cursé el segundo año.
Mi primo Rómulo Arreaza llegó el mismo año que yo y cursó el cuarto año.
A mi algunos me llamaban Pipa, especialmente Rómulo.
El llanero debe ser otro.
Yo tenía 13 años en el 67.
Era muy amigo de los Echeverría, yo llegaba a su casa y de Jaime Benazar.
Recuerdo a Becerra, Winston Cabello, Simón Dager el nadador, Tucupita que era mojonero y medio, Fofeo era gran pana.
Te acuerdas de Fr. Theo.
De Carupano que vivía en el camino al field y nos brindaba pan con miel.
Te agradezco remitirme los últimos boletines que me mencionan y si hay fotos también.
No he recibido en más de 2 años ningún material del colegio.
En Caracas estamos a tu orden y fue un placer saber de Uds.
Seguimos en contacto.
Saludos,
Julio César

Dear friend: Yes I remember you. I am Julio Caesar Arreaza, I only attended the second year. My cousin Rómulo Arreaza arrived the same year than I and attended the fourth year. My friends called mi Pipa, specially Rómulo. The “llanero” must be another one. I was 13 years old in the 67. I was very good friend of the Echeverrias, I arrived at his house and that of Jaime Benazar. I remember to Becerra, Winston Cabello, Simón Dager the swimmer, Tucupita he was full of bull, Fofeo was a great friend. Do you remember Fr. Theo. Carupano that lived on the way to field and he offered us honey bread. I would be greatful if you send me the last bulletins where you mention me and if there are photos also. I have not received in more than 2 years material of the school. In Caracas we are at your order and it was a pleasure to know of you. We keep in contact. Greetings,
-------------------------------------------------------------------- .
From: Salco56@cs.com
To: jca953@cantv.net
Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2005 1:23 PM

Muy estimado y viejo amigo, me llamo Salvador Coscarart y mi hermano se llama Pedro, nosotros éramos de Cumana y fuimos al Abbey School en 1967 el mismo tiempo que tu.
Así que no se si te acordaras de nosotros ya que son muchos los anos pasados.
En ese entonces también estaba los Malaver de El Tigre, los Cantores de Anaco, los Echeverría de caracas, Aitor Ibarreche de Carupano, Edgar y Eloy Moffie de El Tigrito, Daniel Micheli de Pto La Cruz, Alfredo Motiel (Fofeo), los Mezzana de Caripe del Guacharo.
Bueno espero que te refresque la mente un poquito jejejejejej.
Yo vivo en USA ahora.
Yo si termine en el Abbey y estuve allí hasta el 1974.
Cuando yo fui al Abbey tenia 10 años, por casualidad eras tu el que llamaban (el llanero ?).
Si vas al Web del abbeyschool.com podrás verme con mi familia .
Bueno un placer de ver a otro estudiante del Abbey School,
un cordial saludo
salvador coscarart.
PS: si vienes por LOUISIANA USA me llamas para visitar los teléfonos están en el Web.
Bye.

Very considered and old friend, I am called Salvador Coscarart and my brother is called Pedro, we were of Cumana and went to the Abbey School in 1967 the same time as you. So maybe you do not remember us, since many years have passed. At our time there were also the Malaver of the Tiger, the Cantores of Anaco, the Echeverrias of Caracas, Aitor Ibarreche de Carupano, Edgar and Eloy Moffie of the Tigrito, Daniel Micheli de Pto the Cross, Alfredo Motiel (Fofeo), the Mezzana de Caripe of the Guacharo. I hope that it refreshes your mind just a little bit jejejejejej. I live now in the USA. I finished at the Abbey and was there until the 1974. When I went to the Abbey I was 10 years old, by chance were you the one that was called (the llanero). If you go to the Web of theabbeyschool.com, you will be able to see me with my family. It was a pleasure for seeing another student of the Abbey School, a warm greeting
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
REMEMBER TO PAY YOUR DUE, 50 WORDS PER YEAR, OR SEND A CHECK preferably from any U.S. Bank, to my address:

Ladislao Kertesz
Apartado 69072
Caracas 1062A Venezuela
For those that prefer this way to cooperate with the Circular and the expense that this generates. It is 52 issues per year.
God Bless
Ladislao
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos in this issue:
2004LK0001WDIPLC, Wbladimiro Diaz, in Puerto La Cruz.
1933UN0001EDIMSB, Pax guest house.
2003UN0001FCUEVE, Fr.Cuthbert at the 2003 event.
1964IF0001FBVGRP, Need the names of the persons at the dinnertable.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------

No comments: