14.10.06

Circular No 258






Newsletter for Alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 14 Octuber 2006. No. 258
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
From somewhere in the Atlantic we received news, these and the other emails from Glen Evelyn are reproduced for the enjoyment of those that were his friends.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 1/3/ 10:23:53 AM

Next time you lace up your running shoes map out HILLS and Cuttys corner.
And before you go slurping and gulping put your fist to your sternum.
Smile
So how come we did not get this yummy yogurt instead of the crappy stuff they made us eat and charged our parents as if we were dining at a 5 Star Restaurant.
Guess I should not complain after nearly five years at mount I was 40lbs lighter than when I went
………………………………………………………………………………...............................................
From: gevelyn1@bellsouth.net>
Sent :Wednesday, February 2, 2:15PM

Yes, I did recognise some of the senior boys like Knox, Pugh, O Connor.
It was a pleasant learning experience.
Saludos Glen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Ladislao Kertesz" <ladislaokertesz@hotmail.com>
Date: 02/01 Tue PM 01:26:51 EST

Dear Glen,
Not so fast, keep the check book in your pocket.
It is 50 words per year.
And what news have you on the photos I sent??
God Bless
LAdislao
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: gevelyn1@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 5:15:58 -0500

Lad,
Thanks for the DUE reminder.
Patience is a virtue.
Don't write me off as a bad account.
I'm only 10 years beyond your 5-year terms.
Please let me know the procedure to send the plata.
Sincerely
Glen.
(I am sure you would get the attention of others if you printed this privileged information (capital letters ) in your next Circular.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 9/3/2005 2:28:35 PM

The Lord put it on my heart to send you a smile from the Atlantic ocean.
How well I remember the past.
It lends value to the present.
Saludos from a very old Mt boy.
Glen
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From:
Sent: Saturday, March 26, 8:23AM

Lad,
I have been busy with wooden floors and trying to tune my heart to God's perfect pitch.
Out of the 109 guitars that I built I kept 40 and my living room looks like a parking lot.
And I am still waiting for you to put some prayers in your weekly paper.
All of us have become politicians. (Smile Colim)
Remember that song we used to sing ---
I cannot come to the banquet don't trouble me now ---
I have married a wife and bought me a cow.
I have fields and commitments that cost a pretty sum ---don't trouble me now I cannot come.
Where are the letters from David to God? Lets hear some Psalms from someone.
Time to take this hotmail account of yours one step further and invite our brothers that are going through times of grief and sadness to ask for prayers as God's power increases in numbers.
I know you will work out something so I'll leave the details to you.
As for me , I'm going to end this letter and go to sleep.
And pray for me.
I need more money, hair is falling out, reading glasses are getting thicker, everything hurts in the morning and I'm getting fat.
Your friend
Glen
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From:
Sent: Monday, March 14, 3:01AM

Lad,
Thanks for reminding me that I am still a " Pax in Virtute " boy.
As you can see, I am answering you promptly this time.
Now as to news, this month makes it two years since I "dropped out" of Venezuela and resigned from Schlumberger.
Easter sunday is also our 15th wedding anniversary.
We bought an apartment in Ft Lauderdale close to the beach ( most of our plants are plastic) and no I don't miss gardening.
My wife Dawn works at Cafe Europa on Las Olas blvd and any Mount boy passing through Florida can go there for a free coffee.
Due to the daily milk and gasoline cost here in the US, I have been consulting cowboy style for Slb offshore California.
Considerering retirement in about 100 years.
Only yesterday we went to dinner with some friends from Anaco (neighbours of Osca Cantori ) who have a Pavon fishing camp down at the Guri.
And yes we opened a bottle of red wine to celebrate the occasion.
I am sure (with a little help from Jesus) that great Benedictines like Fr's Bernard, Cuthbert, Agustin and Odo would have enjoyed turning it at Sunday mass.
Also I often hear news from Salvador out there in Lafayette Louisiana and sometimes from John Gionetti a true "photo man" who deserves the Fr Benedict ---"Best pictures Award" Later
Glen.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 9/18/ 4:07:28 AM

BACK WITH SCHLUMBERGER OFFSHORE AFRICA IN 4000ft OF WATER WORKING FOR EXXONMOBIL.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING FOR YOUR EMAILS IT'S LIKE WAITING FOR A NEW SONG BY FRANK SINATRA. SMILE.
LAD WHEN YOU ARE UP AND RUNNING AGAIN I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW MANY OLD BOYS HAVE AND STILL CURRENTLY WORK IN THE OILFIELDS OR RELATED INDUSTRY.
GLEN
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Ladislao kertesz"
Date: /09/17 Sat PM 10:29:03 EDT

Dear Glen,
I have transferred you to kertesz12@yahoo.com.
Is the photo on the atlantic ocean?.
God Bless
LAdislao
(Need a new photo to make sure that the platform did not sink. Ed.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: 9/17/2005 11:48:04 AM

YOU HAVE MY APPROVAL. NOW GO TEST YOUR FAITH AND PART THE ORINOCO.
SALUDOS
GLEN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We shall wait for a soon to be received travel description and other from GLEN EVELYN in 2007.
God Bless
Ladislao
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photo in this issue:
02GE0001GEVGTR, Glen and one of his guitars.
02GE0002GEVGTR, Part of the collection.
05GE0001GEV, on a drilling platform in the Atlantic
05GE0002GEWFE, Gen and Dawn




No comments: