4.3.06

Circular No 226





Newsletter for Alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 4 of March 2006. No. 226
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Since Don has set up the Blog page, http://msbtunapuna.blogspot.com/ , life has been easier because even if I do not send out the individual mailings, those that miss out on an issue can look it up at that site.
Better yet, it has the photos for those that are in arrears of the DUES for this year.
And now a little about the photos: All have a number or code. Please use this to refer to, when sending in the names of those that are in blank or incorrect names, changes, etc. I have sent in a couple of photos in the last Circulars with this new system and there has been no reply, so that I may make the required changes.
It is true, 40 odd years have taken a toll, even on the roughest.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
It has been over a year that I have heard from my classmate Louis Lacour, hope he is well and that his fishing is excellent.
Please send new photos of your catch.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 17:01:17 -0400
From: "Rafael Echeverría" reglaw@gmail.com
To: "Paul de La Bastide"
Subject: HI PABLO !!! Re: Russell Cunha
CC: "Norman Smith" , "lazslo kertesz"

Hi Paul !!!
I is great to know about you.
IN the last three years it has been a great experience to get in touch from old Mount Boys after so many years. LADISLAO GRATIAS !!!
I do remember your name very well.
As I read your name it immediately "rang a bell".
I am not sure however about your face.
I do have a vague idea but I am not sure.
Please send me photographs of yourself and your family.
I am forming an album pf Mount Boy Friends.
I recently met with Norman Smith in Miami ... AFTER 40 YEARS !!!! Can you believe it ???
It was great ... we played the guitar in remembrance of our Mount Rock Group CHAINS ... remember ? ....
THANK YOU VERY MUCH for Russel's address.
I will be happy to write him and remember good old times.
I have a beautiful wife, Norma, five great children and two granddaughters.
Can you believe it? I am a corporate lawyer in International Contracting and Business
I will copy Norman with this mail.
I believe he can inform us about Jeremy's e-mail address.
I also hope Norman can give me more "lights" about you.
Norman is also married to a very beautiful lady (Maria Candelaria) and four beautiful daughters.
Norman has become a very successful professional in film editing.
He is a true genius Paul.
I have seen him working ....it's amazing what he does.
It has been a great gift from GOD to me ... to meet Norman again and share musical experiences from the old times at Mount.
OK Paul .. take good care of yourself my friend.
All the Best to you.
I hope to hear from you again soon !!!!
Rafael (CheChe)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 12/4/05, Paul de La Bastide < paul.delabastide@att.net> wrote:

Che-Che......I have a last known address for Russell Cunha
rcunha47@tstt.net.tt
I hope it is still current.
If you ever get Jeremy de Barry's address, please let me have it.
Regards,
Pablo de La Bastide
(Russel´s address is not current, he has vanished. Ed.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
De: Norman Smith [nsmith@filmsmith.net]
Fecha: 13/05/2005 16:42:52
Hello Ladislao,
With delight I discovered the Abbey School Website(s) and your efforts to bring old boys together.
I have been trying to make contact but all efforts to do so get bounced back.
Attached is an account of my life after mount and some pictures that show the aging process...
I can send more, but do not want to overload this email.
Warm regards,
Norman Smith
President The Loft
2150 South Dixie Highway
Suite 101
Coconut Grove FL,33133
t:305 858 3245
f:305 860 0917
c:305 206 3924
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
De: Norman Smith [nsmith@filmsmith.net]
Fecha: 20/05/2005 14:45:08
Dear Ladislao,
Yes I know the photos are "frame grabs" of video (originally 3/4" recorded in the early 80s).
I fear the original photos are lost.
I don't have any photos of the MSB days.
I remember I lost a roll of film shot during a Scout troop camping trip to Tobago.
I remember the dark room.
I remember Father Benedict taking pictures of the stars.
All the photos are in my mind.
I have no contact with any old boy (except you).
I was the only boy from Colombia, so when I graduated in 66, that was it!
I wound up far away in a world without internet and a new world to conquer.
Watching the photos on the site brings back many memories and I really wonder how the old friends are.
Un abrazo,
Norman
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
on 5/19/05 7:45 PM, kaviacion@cantv.net at kaviacion@cantv.net wrote:
Dear Norman,
Thank you for the photos.
Please try to scan those that are on paper, as the TV shots are of a very low quality.
Are you in contact with other old boys???
Who were in your class?
God Bless
Ladislao
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
on 5/16/05 9:18 PM, kaviacion@cantv.net at kaviacion@cantv.net wrote:
Dear Norman,
The following photos did not open:
Please resend, they are missing the .jpg ending.
God bless
Ladislao
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
De: Norman Smith [nsmith@filmsmith.net]
Fecha: 13/05/2005 16:42:52
Hello Ladislao,
With delight I discovered the Abbey School Website(s) and your efforts to bring old boys together.
I have been trying to make contact but all efforts to do so get bounced back.
Attached is an account of my life after mount and some pictures that show the aging process...
I can send more, but do not want to overload this email.
Warm regards,
Norman Smith President
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
De: Norman Smith [nsmith@filmsmith.net]
Fecha: 15/06/2005 17:30:37
Dear Ladislao,
I believe Rafael Echeverria has informed you of the miracle of our reencuentro after 40 years.
This is a small note I have been sending to my friends and relatives:
Dear Ladislao,
Yet another wonderful thing has happened in my life and I wanted to share it with you.
In the mid 60s, I was a teenager at a boarding school at the oldest Benedictine monastery in the Caribbean, on the northern range of the island of Trinidad.
At the Abbey School I met a Venezuelan boy, we called him CheChe, and we were both crazy about the Beatles.
We taught ourselves the guitar and formed a band and had the time of our lives.
When we graduated in 1966, We went our separate ways and quickly lost touch.
We wound up, oceans apart, charging forward in our new lives towards manhood.
Through the years, I've wondered what became of my old friends and It seemed I would never see them again until I found the Abbey School website... thanks Ladislao.
Well, Last Sunday, CheChe, his wife, his youngest son (of 5 children), and his two granddaughters came to Key Biscayne and we played a bunch of the old Beatles songs and they sounded like we had played them the day before.
It's a good feeling to have the chance to renew a friendship after 40 years.
Enjoy the friendships you have today.
Love
Norman
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
De: Norman Smith [nsmith@filmsmith.net]
Fecha: 11/07/2005 09:27:29
Thanks, Ladislao.
You get the credit for making reunions like these possible.
Thanks for the friendship recovered!
I am looking forward to more communication with Jeremy DeBarry in the future.
Bless you.
Norman
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Subject: Re: Would you visit Trinidad?
Date: 1/31/2005 8:05:45 AM

Hey Ladislao,
Nice to hear from you, my address is:
Paul de la Bastide
1442 Halifax Rd.
Knoxville, Tennessee 37922
865-69404505 (home)
865-776-0127 (cell)
paulie666 (Skype)
paul_dlb (Yahoo Messenger)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2005 7:14 PM
Subject: Re: Would you visit Trinidad?

Dear Paul,
Yes I read the article, and David Bratt is always recalling the problems thru his articles.
We have the same problems here in Venezuela.
So what is new in the world. Too many people??
Please Paul, send me your address and telephone number.
God bless and health for 2005
Ladislao
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
REMEMBER TO PAY YOUR DUE, 50 WORDS PER YEAR, OR SEND A CHECK preferably from any U.S. Bank, to my address,: sorry but under the new laws of Venezuela, I cannot receive or send foreign currency, if caught I can be placed in jail for 3 years on the first offence, so please sent it direct to the Bank of America account of Ladislao Kertesz 02181 09151, Santa Barbara, California, USA.
For those that prefer this way to cooperate with the Circular and the expense that this generates. It is 52 issues per year.
God Bless
Ladislao
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos in this issue:
1980NS0001NSMTV, Norman Smith
2003RE0001RECBAND, Rafael Echeverria.
1919UN0001EDIMSB, Church and refectory
2005PD0001PDBFAM, Paul de la Bastide
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: