18.3.06

Circular No 228




Newsletter for Alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 18 March 2006. No. 228
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
An email to Fr. Cuthbert and the reply.
Sorry that there is no email from Fr. Cuthbert for the Circular, I am sure that he must have a lot of stories to be told or anecdotes.
Of course time is a factor and at least I am glad to be able to reproduce the letters that he wrote to me in the past and this last email to Art.
Fr. Cuthbert, please feel free to write in this Circular to all those that have appreciated your
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Art & Val Knaggs
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 7:26 PM
To: cuthpax@yahoo.co.uk
Subject: OLD MAN!!!!!

Dearest Fr Cuthy,
Go very gently with the "Old Man" thing, as I still think that I am quite young (you know 'pride' the Devils favourite).
My own Guardian Angel has a hard time keeping up (will have to polish her wings).
I am feeling much better now on the new medication, and have a date for the Heart Clinic on 18th & 19th, where they will do the so we should get the prelims and other Tests under our belts, and see where we are after that.
The Mount Old Boys are doing a tremendous job under Captain Ladislao of the Ship "ABBEY" and new 'old' boys are popping out of the woodwork, it is so marvellous and encouraging to witness the response.
Keep the Yogurt up to your great standard, and regards from us all to the Community at the Mount.
Via con Dios,
Art & Val
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: cuthbert lande <cuthpax@yahoo.co.uk>
To: Art & Val Knaggs <av_knaggs@hotmail.com>
Subject: WHAT A LUCKY OLD MAN!!!!!
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 01:38:14 +0100 (BST)

Dear Art and Val and Ass,
Thank God you are a lucky two even with all the rest of the family.
We did not pray too much, for your guardian-angels may wonder what their responsibility is.
But keep up the spirit and more miracles may happen.
With best wishes from us all,
Fr. Cutty.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.Art & Val Knaggs <av_knaggs@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!
Latest on Art (as of yesterday).
Still alive and kicking; and we are pleased to say, a little harder than before; same prognosis, heart, and the tests etc. are still underway.
He is feeling much better on the new medication; less shortage of breath; a bit more energy; and lots of love and attention from Val.
E-Mails are not necessary, but welcome; Knee-Mail (prayer) is the better choice, but don't want to strain your spirituality.
Still no date for the 'Heart Clinic', but hopefully next week.
All else bubbles along with 12 of us in the house, feels ike old times.
All our love.
Art & Val
Thanks for your prayers (they certainly work).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Here is the latest email to Fr. Cuthbert, regarding the Circulars:
I hope that you are getting the Circulars.
I am a bit late this month but still at it, for this year?
With Don´s Blog page, those that have missed some of the latest issues, are assured that they can read and comment.
I am not looking into the blog itself, because I feel that there is a need of another space for the oldboys.
Naturally if I do not get information in the usual way, then it does not get printed in the Circular.
Based on this, I would like you to participate as always in the memories of the School.
I am keeping all communication so that when a studious being would need or want information on the School, he can write, maybe the history of the school.
Please tell me on your Scouting experience as Scoutmaster, I was not a scout so if I write is from an outsiders view.
Keep well, God Bless
Ladislao
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2006 11:03 AM
Subject: Sorry I have not been in touch

Hello Joe,
What in the world took you so long??
Don
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Michael E. Azar [mailto:mejazar@yahoo.com
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2006 10:58 PM
Subject: Sorry I have not been in touch

Hi Don, how are you and your lovely wife?
Hope all is well, with you both.
Sorry I have not been in touch, will try and write to some of the guys, with whom I have not been in contact with some time.
My apologies once more I had some medical issues.
Could you please give Kertesz my new email address.
I have sent it to him about 3 weeks ago and have not heard from him.
God Bless You all.
Always,
Michael
Big Joe.
(How about a family photo? Ed.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------,
From: "Don Mitchell CBE QC"
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 09:21:21 -0400
I have just received this.
Hope you enjoy your trip.
Don
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:21:19 -0400
From: "Rafael Echeverría" reglaw@gmail.com
Subject: Hi Big Joe !!!

Hello Big Joe !
It was great to find you again thanks to the mail you sent to Don Mitchell.
It must be about a year since we talked last in USA.
I am now here in Venezuela for a time, my wife Norma will be coming down to see her Mom and then we will travel together back home in Miami.
I met recently with Norman Smith (remember him ?) in Miami ....after 40 years ... can you believe it ? ... It was great.
He has a wonderful family, a beautiful wife, four daughters and he is (like me) a grandfather already.
Can you imagine how much we talked about old times at Mount ?? !!! ... I have also been in recent permanent touch with Dennis Gurley - a great attorney - who has been a great help in professional issues I am attending between Venezuela and Trinidad.
He works with a very prestigious Law Firm in Port of Spain.
Let me know how are you doing.
We must keep in touch.
Don't get lost ! Let me know if by any chance you travel to Miami ... we must meet again and Norman could join us.
It is such a good feeling to meet again with the best people.... Mount Boys ! ... all thanks to Ladislao !!!! ... through his efforts he has done a lot of good for all of us.
My best wishes to you and your wife. Take good care of yourself my friend.
Regards,
Che Che
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: "Don Mitchell CBE, QC" idmitch@anguillanet.com
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 08:05:44 -0400

Hello Ladislao,
No 225 received safely, and posted to the Blog.
For the next one, would you like to try an experiment? You just send it to me and I post it on the blog.
You then send a note to all your correspondents saying, "No 226 is posted at: http://msbtunapuna.blogspot.com/ "
They can download the blog to their computer.
You will not need to send any more circulars.
Try it for one or two circulars and see if you get any complaints.
I can always send the Circular to those who want it sent directly to them.
Don
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: "Don Mitchell CBE, QC"
To: "Attila GYURIS"
Subject: Need Circulars # 194 and # 193 and anything before # 185
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 08:48:00 -0400

Hello Attila,
I have this from Ladislao and will work on it.
I have a new computer, and some of the emails are missing, as are some of the attachments, but together we may be able to get them all.
You were not able to get admitted to the blog.
This is probably because you tried to click on the link in Ladislao's circular.
It was a mailing list, and only the first person on the list to use it was able to get access. You will have to visit the site yourself and get admitted.
You should have no difficulty reading everything that is up.
I shall work on what I have, and will need you to help me with what I do not have.
Let us try to give Ladislao a break, and disturb him for copies only if we absolutely must.
All the best,
Don
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 2:06 AM
Subject: Need Circulars # 194 and # 193 and anything before # 185

Hello Lazslo,
I was looking at some of the old circulars you sent me, and I am missing Circulars # 193 and # 194, as well as anything before Circular # 185.
(I tried to get admitted into the Blog but couldn't.)
Could you send them to me?
Thanks
Attila Gyuris
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
REMEMBER TO PAY YOUR DUE, 50 WORDS PER YEAR, OR SEND A CHECK preferably from any U.S. Bank, to my address,: sorry but under the new laws of Venezuela, I cannot receive or send foreign currency, if caught I can be placed in jail for 3 years on the first offence, so please sent it direct to the Bank of America account of Ladislao Kertesz 02181 09151, Santa Barbara, California, USA.
For those that prefer this way to cooperate with the Circular and the expense that this generates. It is 52 issues per year.
God Bless
Ladislao
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos in this issue:
2005AG0002AGYLA, Alex, Attila Gyuris BMW moto
2001DM0001FCUMSB, Fr. Cuthbert taken by Don Mitchell
1955UN0001EDIMSB, Old Abbey
MBSc Reunion Announcement 2003!! , in .pdf format.
XXUN0001RNAXX, Ronald Nanton?? When and where??????? Any friends???
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





No comments: