20.5.06

Circular No 237





Newsletter for the Alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 20 of May 2006. No. 237
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Continuing with the exchange and news of Attila Gyuris and Andres Larsen until 4th of April. Shall be continued, keep glued to your seats.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 13:35:53 -0800 (PST)
From: "Andres Larsen" andres_larsen@yahoo.com
Subject: Queen's Scout Certificate signed by Elizabeth Regina
Hola a todos y gracias por el reencuentro en Madonna Nostra en Altamira:
Allí les va el tan esperado Queen's Scout Certificate firmado por Elizabeth Regina
Entiendo que es el primero pero debe haber otros en poder de algunos de los Old Boys de Mount.
¿ Alguien puede confirmarme por favor si hubo alguien llamado Rommel Rosero entre nuestros compañeros de clase ?
Me parece que su apodo fue "Tortuguita" o "D'Artagnan" o algo así pero no me acuerdo bien y puedo estar confundiéndolo con otro compañero.
Que me confirmen también por favor si tuvimos un profesor de química chino llamado Mr. Chow Fat que era muy buen jugador de ping pong y fumador empedernido, flaco raquítico como muchos chinos, y que caminaba como cangrejo.
Cordialmente
Andres Larsen

Hello to all and thanks for the dinner encounter in Madonna Nostra in Altamira, Caracas:
There goes the so long awaited Queen's Scout Certificate signed by Elizabeth Regina. I understand that it is first (in the Circular) but there must be others in the hands of some of the Old Boys of the Mount.
Somebody can confirm to me please if there were somebody call Rommel Rosero among our classmates?
It seems to me that its nickname was "Tortuguita" or "D'Artagnan" or something like this but I do not remember well and I can be confusing it with another companion.
I want a confirmation please if we had a Chinese professor of chemistry called Mr. Chow Fat that was very good player of ping pong and hardened smoker, skinny like many Chinese, and that walked like crab.
……………………………………………………………………………………..
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 11:06:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Andres Larsen"
Subject: Las fotos y Rommel Rosero
Hola Ladislao:
Ya Attila ha aportado toda una información completa sobre Rommel Rosero de quien el se acuerda bien.
También dio una información bastante detallada sobre Myron y Ronnie Lew, los 2 Nazis.
Yo le comente que Kitty Markus ahora esta en el Old People's Home de Mount.
En cuanto tengas disponibles las fotos digitales que nos tomaste el martes en el Mamma Nostra de Altamira, te pido nos las envíes a Attila, a Alfredo, a Fulvio y a mí.
Entiendo que Attila también te va a enviar una foto de su Queen's Scout Certificate.
Gusto en saludarte
Andres Larsen

Attila has already contributed complete information on Rommel Rosero whom he remembers well.
Also he has given a detailed information on Myron and Ronnie Lew, the 2 Nazis.
I comment to him that Kitty Markus now lives in the Old Peoples Home at Mount.
When you have available the digital photos that you took us Tuesday in the Mamma Nostra de Altamira, I ask you to send to Attila, Alfredo, Fulvio and myself.
I understand that Attila also is going to send a photo of its Queen's Scout Certificate.
………………………………………………………………………………
ladislao kertesz wrote:
Dear Andres,
Yes there is a Rosero in Puerto La Cruz or thereabouts, someday I shall find out.
Thank you for the diploma.
And now how about the photos??
God bless
Ladislao
…………………………………………………………………………..
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:59:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Andres Larsen"
Por fin apareciste Rommel, y nosotros si que te hemos buscado.
Que conste.
Ya nos dábamos por derrotados.
Bueno, como dicen, mejor tarde que nunca.
De todas maneras, también le circulo tus datos a Ladislao Kertesz quien es nuestro coordinador de todo el grupo de Old Boys venezolanos y redactor de las Circulares del Abbey School.
Fue el quien nos volvió a reencontrar a Attila, Alfredo Montiel Bezara y a mi después de 37 años.
Por allí Salvador Coscarart también ofreció ponerse en contacto con nosotros.
En el próximo e-mail te envió una foto reciente mía con Ladislao Kertesz y de otro Old Boy, Peter Morvay.
Ambos son de una promoción como 10 años anterior a la nuestra (de como a mediados o finales de la década de los cincuenta).
Un cordial saludo
Andres

Good, as they say, better late or never.
Anyway, I circulated your data to Ladislao Kertesz that is our Venezuelan coordinator of all the group of Old Boys and editor of the Circular of the Abbey School.
It was him who made us reencounter again, Attila, Alfredo Montiel Bezara after of 37 years.
Also Salvador Coscarart offered himself to contact with us.
In the next email I send you a recent photo with Ladislao Kertesz and of another Old Boy, Peter Morvay.
Both are of a promotion about 10 years previous to ours
………………………………………………………………………….
Rommel Rosero wrote:
Andres, Attila
Me alegra saber de Uds. hace mucho tiempo que no los veo, de ahora en adelante mantendremos contacto.
Con Hector siempre comentamos del tiempo a amigos del colegio.
Hace unos meses me reuní con Fulvio, apenas pudimos reconocernos.
Les envió esta foto que conservo desde entonces.

I am happy to know of you since it has been a long ago that I do not see you, from now on we will maintain contact.
With Hector we always commented of the time to friends of the school.
Months ago I met with Fulvio, as soon as we could be recognized.
It sent this photo to them that I conserve since then.
ENVIEN DIRECCIÓN Y TELEFONO.
SALUDOS
TELEFONO: 0416 7872067
Rommel Rosero
PROCUREMENT AND CONTRACT DEPARTMENT
ORIFUELS SINOVEN,S.A.
TEL:0058-281-4203878
FAX:0058-281-4203849
EMAIL:rosero.rommel@sinovensa.com
……………………………………………………………………..
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 06:22:11 -0700
From: Michael Stein" Michael.Stein@KornFerry.com
I am a newcomer to this alumni list.
I question what you are all up to these days other than contemplating retirement.
I am attaching a biography, not only to show you how pretty I am...but also what I have been up to since Mount.
Do we want to have something similar amongst all of us?
I remember some vague yet important events, such as:
ANTHONY VIERA: Having his front tooth broken in the schoolyard over a debt of 10c.
RICHARD GALT: Rolling up his short sleeves to flex his biceps, even during the morning mass. You know what they say, big biceps little...
DAVID BRATT: Oh Lord David. Quick talker, quick walker. Fascinated by cricket, get a life...Never could keep up with him.
PAUL ZEVEN: The Flying Dutchman. Great swimmer, great tennis player, decent basketball player, but could not lose his accent.
I have a few photos, but lazy to copy them--any suggestions???
Michael A. Stein
Managing Director
Korn /Ferry International
200 S. Biscayne Boulevard, Suite 4620
Miami, Fl. 33131
786-425-8933 Office
786-417-9101 Cellular
…………………………………………………………………………….
From: Don Mitchell CBE, QC"
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 13:31:54 -0400
This is too funny to be kept private!
I am copying it to Ladislao for him to give it light, air and water and let it flourish!
Don
PS: I have taken the liberty of standardizing Tony's idiosyncratic punctuation!
………………………………………..
From: Tony Vieira
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 9:57 AM
Sorry Michael,
I am 62 years old and my beautiful smile is not marred by a broken tooth nor do I have any crowns in my front teeth, so my getting a broken tooth has to be wrong.
I remember a couple of things about fights, I did have a fight with one of the French boys Piton or maybe even this same Zeven, outside the library one night after lights out, and I did break his front tooth.
I carry the mark on my knuckles to this day.
Selwin do you remember this fight? I believe that you were my second.
I also remember punching Don Mitchell and practically knocked him out whilst we were fooling around in the old boys room with boxing gloves.
Do you remember that Don? Worst experience I ever had at the mount was watching you lying on the tennis table groaning.
I thought that I had killed you and that I was going to get JAIL!!
I also remember kicking the crap out of Wayne Gittens in the dressing room near the play field.
I also remember Edward Lloyd [my frigging best friend] cuffing me in the mouth and giving me an abscess in the gum which nearly made me lose my canine tooth [bottom Jaw left side] since someone lied to him and told him that I had hit his his little brother Christian.
I don't remember you at all Michael, can you send me a picture?
Around 1985 I met Richard Galt.
He was living in a place called Coral Springs, Florida.
He was a really successful Insurance broker, had his own agency and doing very well.
I wouldn't venture a guess as to the size of his ....! but one thing I do remember, in 1985 he did not look so big to me anymore.
Don, regarding the circulars, I sent what I have.
I will check to see if I sent it in a manner which erases the attachments.
That happens sometimes also, in addition to the premature ejacumailing.
Tony
……………………………………………………………………………
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 17:38:07 -0400
From: "Rafael Echeverría"
Subject: Re: The truth - as told in Prep B.
Yes Don ... I agree ... isn't that great ?... I just received a mail from Paul Stein ...
He is in Uruguay right now ... we will meet in Florida in three weeks.
Gosh am I looking forward to that !!!!
Take good care Don ... and keep being the guide ...
Love to your family ....
CheChe
…………………………………………………………………………
From: "Nigel Boos"
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 08:34:35 -0400
Laz,
I noticed that you had lost touch with Alan Date, so here is his contact inform:
Alan is teaching English as a Second Language in Seoul, Korea. he may be reached at:
Work: 1+(82) 19-623-3435
Mobile: 1+(82) 2-2123-4335
Address: Apt 4E, San Diego Apts., Broome St., t' # 216, 4-B Mu-Ak Hak Sa, Yonsei University, 134 Shinchon-Dong,
Sudeamun-Ku, Seoul 120-749, South Korea
Regards, and keep up the good work.
Nigel
…………………………………………………………………………….
REMEMBER TO PAY YOUR DUE, 50 WORDS PER YEAR, OR SEND A CHECK preferably from any U.S. Bank, to my address,: sorry but under the new laws of Venezuela, I cannot receive or send foreign currency, if caught I can be placed in jail for 3 years on the first offence, so please sent it direct to the Bank of America account of Ladislao Kertesz 02181 09151, Santa Barbara, California, USA.
For those that prefer this way to cooperate with the Circular and the expense that this generates. It is 52 issues per year.
God Bless
Ladislao
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photo in this issue:
05AL0001ALACTO, Andres Larsen at Colonia Tovar near Caracas.
65AG0001ACUTEAM, Acualads team 1965.
1990UN0003EDIMSB, Monastery from Sports field.
XXUN0001FILMOT, Fr. Ildefons and motorbike
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would you like to collaborate with photos?? Send them to kertesz11@yahoo.com,
Please note: you may have missed some of the circulars, if you have not received one every week, do not hesitate to ask for the missing number to idmitch@anguillanet.com, http://msbtunapuna.blogspot.com/
Look at www.paxabbey.com, for information on the Monastery, Mt St. Benedict.
Look up for great TT photos at: Web Site: http://jgioannettiphotography.com/
For those that want to communicate with the web use, webmaster@theabbeyschool.com/
Send information to: kertesz11@yahoo.com, if you would like to be in the circular’s mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include. Telf. 0 (212) 263.5346 Caracas.
Please note: you may have missed some of the circulars, if you have not received one every week, do not hesitate to ask for the missing number to idmitch@anguillanet.com,
For those that would like to contact me here I include my telephones:
Telf.Office: 58 (212) 263.5346, 267.2416, From: 11:00GMT to 22:00GMT
FAX: 58 (212) 261.0829,
Home: 58 (212) 238.4084. From: 00:00 GMT to 04:00 GMT
Cellphone: +58 (0416) 612.5695
Remember that Venezuela’s time is the same as Trinidad’s, -04:00 GMT.



No comments: