3.6.06

Circular No 239





Newsletter for Alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 3 June 2006. No. 239
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Continuing with Don Mitchell, his news and about the BLOG:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Don Mitchell CBE, QC" idmitch@anguillanet.com
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 16:06:13 -0400

Hello Ladislao,
I do not know how you manage to do everything!
The version of No 147 that I have is an attachment to an email someone sent me.
When I open it, I see your original message with all the photos.
I do not like sending an email inside an email as an attachment.
I like to send what I imagine is your original message.
When I send the original message of No 147, it does not travel well.
It goes in a deformed way.
The only solution I have found is to forward the email just as I got it from someone else, ie, with your original email as an attachment.
That seems to work OK.
I have decided that I cannot remain any longer not knowing who the boys in the photos are.
So, I have started a Google Group dealing with identifying the photos.
I am going to add all the email addresses that I know of the "old boys".
You will see it start to arrive quite soon.
Each photo will have its own message.
It asks for the faces to be identified.
Persons can reply to a particular photo.
Everyone can see what everyone else has written.
That way, when someone posts information on the individual photo, we will all be able to correctly label it where we have it stored in our computers.
I regret that I do not use your identification numbering.
I use the names of the persons on the photo to be able to find them more easily in the albums that I keep.
Hopefully, it will not cause confusion.
I have also posted No 227 on the Blog.
I was not able to add the 2003 Invitation as I cannot select it.
It appears to be a password protected Word document of some sort that I am not familiar with.
It will not allow me to select it and copy it to the Blog or to any other application!
I cannot imagine how you managed to copy it and add it to your email.
All the best,
Don
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc.-
Sent: Sunday, March 26, 2006 12:30 PM
Dear Don
Finally got this straightened out???
This is how far I am behind.
God Bless
Ladislao
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc..
"Don Mitchell CBE, QC" <idmitch@anguillanet.com> wrote:
I have no idea what is causing this.
When I open the message in my sent box, it is there complete.
There is Ladislao's message in .html and the photos.
You seem to be getting the Circulars that Ladislao sent as straight email messages; those that he sent as .html attachments do not seem to be getting through.
Do you have anyone you can ask a technical question of?
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc..---
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 4:16 PM
Subject: Re: Circular No. 147
No Circular text here either.
Just the photos.
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc.
From: Baknal@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 22:42:56 EDT
Ladislao, thank you!..for ChristopherLs address.
This is a UK email address...I guess he is not living in Trinidad?
I'll try and contact him....all the best, Howard.
Hope he answers, he never done so.
Maybe you can get a word or two out of him.
God Bless
Ladislao
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc.
Baknal@aol.com wrote:
Does anyone know Christopher Webster's (referenced below as living in Trinidad) contact info?.....all the best, Howard.
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc..
From: "Don Mitchell CBE, QC"
Subject: Circular No. 234, The Abbey School MSB
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 22:24:01 -0400
My Gosh, Ladislao!
I hardly recognised that innocent little boy from 1960.
Maggie had to tell me who he was, and then commented that he seemed to have been quite cute then!
What does she mean by "then"?
I have put No 234 and No 235 up on the Blog.
It took a couple of days as I have just returned from New York where I went to give a speech.
It was nothing important, just on Constitutional reform in Anguilla to an organisation of Anguillians in New Jersey/New York.
There are about 10,000 Anguillians in Anguilla and about 20,000 in New York/New Jersey, hence the need to travel!
Keep well,
Don
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc..
From: "Don Mitchell CBE, QC" idmitch@anguillanet.com
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 17:43:25 -0400
OK, folks.
This is an invitation to join in a discussion of Ladislao's old MSB Circulars.
There is no big deal in it.
You don't even need a grandchild at hand to be able to join in.
Just try these simple instructions.
2. Read the Notes. It is just for general guidance. You can immediately forget them. You won't need them further for this exercise.
3. Scroll down. You remember how to!
4.You come to "comments" at the end of the Notes. Click on it! A little window opens.
5. Type a note in the window, just a couple of words. Sign it with your name if you want us to realise who it was posted the words.
6. At the foot of the notes you must "choose an identity."Choose oneh. I have picked my user name "idmitch".
7. Click on "Publish my comment".
8. That's it. You have now published a comment on one of the Blogs. After I have got around to it, it will appear on the site. When the next person clicks on "comments" he/she will read what your comment on the Blog was!
9. You are now ready to visit all the other Circulars, and to type in whatever comment you want to make in any of them. Up in the top right hand corner you will see the links to the old Circulars by year. I have posted all of 2001 and of 2006. I have not yet posted all of 2002-2005. They are going up at a regular pace.
Happy viewing.
Don
PS: If Ladislao should publish these instructions in a Circular, remember that you cannot click on the link above to get to the Blog. You will have to "copy and paste" the link to your browser in the usual way.
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc.
From: "Don Mitchell CBE, QC" idmitch@anguillanet.com
Subject: 2004 Circulars
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 16:08:00 -0400
Fellow ex-convicts,
All the old circulars for the year 2004 are now up on their own Blog: http://abbeyschool2004circulars.blogspot.com/.
You are welcome to visit them and to leave your comments as you see fit.
I am missing No 152, and would love to receive a copy of it.
Don
No 115. [Which, by the way, I have retained as my car licence number all these years.]
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc.
From: "Don Mitchell CBE, QC" idmitch@anguillanet.com
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 13:11:50 -0400
Hello Folks,
I am sending you this copy of the message sent to me by Blogger so that you can see how it works.
David has left the comment below on Circular No 1. I have published it.
I have also published my response.
Why don't you go to Circular No 1 and open the comments and read them.
You may even want to try making a comment of your own!
Try it, just as a practice, even if it is only to say "testing, testing."
Don
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc.--
From: dbrat
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 12:14 PM
Subject: New comment on Circular No 1
dbrat has left a new comment on your post "Circular No 1":
Nice work, Don. Why don't you put up the latest Circulars first (2006 & 2005 etc)? Might stimulate more comments?
Publish this comment.
Reject this comment.
Moderate comments for this blog.
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
From: "Don Mitchell CBE, QC"
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 18:47:26 -0400
OK, Ladislao, that is very understandable.
I have not figured out how to get the codification of the photos up on the Blog.
They are all up without any identification except the one in the body of the Circular, where you list the photos towards the end of the Circular.
Keep well,
Don
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc..---
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 5:13 PM
Dear Don
The Circulars are ready in my compu but I am missing the codification of their photos, since I am coding the photographs,
Maybe the coding is not the best, but at least we can talk about a photo in particular.
I am travelling a lot, looking for work outside the regular stuff that my company manufactures.
So when I get home, I donft feel like working in the compu.
Maybe tomorrow I am sending out No. 236
God Bless
Ladislao
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Don Mitchell CBE, QC"
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 08:31:12 -0400
Hello Ladislao,
Hope you are well.
My last Circular was No 235 of 6 May.
Was that the last?
I am having some luck in getting the missing Circulars.
I have not had to trouble you recently to see if you can find a copy of any of them.
Don
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc.
REMEMBER TO PAY YOUR DUE, 50 WORDS PER YEAR, OR SEND A CHECK preferably from any U.S. Bank, to my address,: sorry but under the new laws of Venezuela, I cannot receive or send foreign currency, if caught I can be placed in jail for 3 years on the first offence, so please sent it direct to the Bank of America account of Ladislao Kertesz 02181 09151, Santa Barbara, California, USA.
For those that prefer this way to cooperate with the Circular and the expense that this generates. It is 52 issues per year.
God Bless
Ladislao
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos in this issue:
05LK0001WDIPLC, Wbladimiro Diaz in Puerto La Cruz
04LK0002LKGRP, Gabriel Hoefle, Isaias Farcheg, Ladislao Kertesz, Andres Freytes
05UN0001DPIFIL, Dominique Piton in the Philipines
72UN0001AQUALADS, Where and who?????
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




No comments: