16.9.06

Circular No 254





Newsletter for Alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 16 of September 2006. No. 254
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Another newcomer to the Circulars.
TIM HEALY
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Tim Healy"
To: Salco56@cs.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 23:11:50 +0800
Subject: Hello Old Fart
My phone numbers are 865-388-8956 (Cell, it will change soon) and my Home is 423-318-6757.
Where did you see Joe Berment, he spent some time with me in Florida a couple of years ago.
I have an email address for him but he has not replied...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 23:25:43 EDT
Hi Tim,
long time.
How are you doing?
Send me your phone # so I can call you.
My cell # is 337-303-6124. and my home is 337-668-4595.
I am going offshore tomorrow at 5 a.m. and will be back around Saturday.
I spoke with Joseph Berment from Trinidad, do you remember him.
Any way we spoke for a while and reminisce some old good times, well take care and best wishes to you and your family,
Regards Salvador.
Adios baby. Hahahahah
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Anthony Cintra
Sent: 6/21/2006 8:31:06 AM
Gentlemen,
The attached is self explanatory.
Past students of the 1950 to 1956 era would have known the late Fr. Francis.
May his soul rest in peace.
Regards,
Anthony
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, December 6, 2006 11:43:38 AM
Hello again Jan:
Although I am not "Doetch" as you say, I used to fly with KLM via Paramaribo to Schiphol, Amsterdam.
I know that KLM stands for Koninklije Luchtmachtschapijj and I love dark bitter Van Houten and Droste chocolate which are incidentally made from premium world class Venezuelan cocoa.
I am e-mailing you attached comments regarding Abbey School MSB Circular Nr.229 which I received from Fr Christopher via his e-mail address: htt41@hotmail.com
It includes an update on all the Benedictines at the Mount, deceased as well as living, and also a special update on Kitty Marcus who is in her nineties in the old people's home down by the sports field on the way to Tunapuna.
By the way, maybe Fr Christopher could have God willing an update on Josh Schoemacher in Hawaii.
It might be well worth asking him.
Groeten van Andrés Larsen
Caracas, Venezuela
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Henry Theunissen wrote:
Dear Andres,
This is Fr Christopher.
Upon reading your memories I felt compelled to update you a bit.
I still have vague memories of you and some of the others you mention.
I believe you had more contact with my cousin Fr. Edward, who
unfortunately died at the relatively young age of 50 from cancer about 17
years ago.
I myself left to study for my theology doctorate by the middle of 1966 and when I returned you had left abbey school already.
I want to refresh your memory of some of the other priests who are still with us today: Fr. Benedict (Vush),
Fr. Augustine (Rughead),
Fr. Odo.
You may also remember Br. Gerard (or Rupert as he was then known).
Miss Kitty Marcus is still among the living and retired to a nursing home which we opened some twenty years ago near the sportsfield.
She is in her nineties.
Her mind is still very clear and if you go to see her you must at least put aside some two hours.
She does ask for you from time to time and remembers you very well, you were one of her special boys I get the impression.
Mr Basanta still lives down the road not far from the abbey.
The many others priests you must have known have all passed on (Frs. Bernard, Peter Canisius, Chrysostom Lee Singh, Francis, Abbot Adelbert, Br. Camillus of the apiary, Fr. Gregory and his brother Theo and so many others.
You must try and visit us some time after all these years.
You will be most welcome.
Wishing you the very best and especially a glorious Easter.
Fr. Christopher
(Any way for Mr. Basanta to receive the Circular? Ed.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SOME NEWS FROM ROGER HENDERSON
From: "Roger Henderson"
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 08:39:36 -0400
Ladislao,
I have been kept very busy these past months and I do apologize for not contributing.
As far as the photo of 61 goes I can recognize the following:
#1
#2 Jeffrey Henderson (Zop). Please help with email address, ed.
#3 Gerard Gioanetti (I think),
#4 Geoffrey Ames (Big Head),
#5
#6 Juan Marini (I think),
#7 John Golding,
#8
#9
#10 Rolph Hive,
#11 Mac Seheult,
#12 Geoffrey Agostini (bubbles),
#13, Stephen Clerk (Squeaks), Please help with email address, ed.
#14
#15
Hope this helps, I do not know the others but they may include Manuel Prada and/or Phillip Marfisi.
Roger
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: laszlo kertesz [mailto:kertesz11@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 10:33 PM
Subject: Class photo 61
Dear Roger
My regards to Micheal, sorry I have not been able to take my ferry trip to TT.
I am sending you a photo for which I have no abundant names.
Can you fill.
I presume that you are not getting the Circulars???????., since you always were a good commentator.
But now you can get them in a BLOG fashion for easy reading, thanks to Boxhead.
Best regards
Ladislao
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Roger Henderson"
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 08:33:52 -0400
I have not seen nor heard from Bro. Vincent so I don't know what the story is.
Roger
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: lazslo kertesz [mailto:kertesz11@yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2005 9:44 PM
Subject: Bro Vincent
Dear Roger
Finally what happened??
I lost track of the visit, due to travelling in November and December.
You may have noticed that I have not caught up.
You changed Jobs??
God Bless
LAdislao
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roger Henderson wrote:
I would certainly be prepared to help, and possibly a committee should be formed.
Dinner at Xmas is always difficult as there are usually so many things going on.
I would suggest a lunch or an after work gathering one day with drinks and snacks.
I could possibly do something at the Oval where we have a bar and a food caterer, just to make things easier and less expensive.
When is he coming?
Roger
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: lazslo kertesz [mailto:kertesz11@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 9:32 AM
Dear Roger
When Bro. Vincent get to TT this Xmas, what can be done, dinner?? lunch? or what you suggest.
Who would be best to organize something, if there should be a meeting??.
God Bless
LAdislao
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here at the Circular´s headquarters, we lost track of Bro. Vincent´s visit.
No report has been forthcoming.
Can anyone fill in the missing names???
God Bless
Ladislao
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Class 61
58RB0001RBO, Roberto Bodinton and ?????????
58RB0002RBO, Dam ???????????
58RB0003RBO, ???????????

No comments: