2.9.06

Circular No 252



Newsletter for Alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 2 of September 2006. No. 252
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Finally, a long email.
In this issue I including one from Bladimiro (Snoopy), I am glad that Salvador was diligent in sending it to me.
Emails of this calibre are what is needed to keep the Circular going.
Friends, please send in information such as this as all the small events are important, specially events from a small school but with big hearted Alumni.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Salvador Coscarart"
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 06:28:48 -0500
Copy From: Wbladimiro Diaz <w.diaz@intercable.net.ve>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 23:32:25 -0400
Estimado amigo:
Recibi tu e.mail y se me despertaron una cantidad de neuronas de recuerdos del pasado.
Ante todo permitieme saludarte a ti y a tu familia las cuales he visto en una cantidad de fotos que recibi de nuestro amigo en comun Kertesz Ladislao.
Si recuerdas bien mi sobrenombre SNOOPY venia por ser uno de los alumnos mas pequenos del internado junto con otro que le decian el gringito.
Recuerdo una escena en particular en la que venia Alloy Garner como a 150 Km/h desde la cancha de volleyball en direccion a la entrada del dormitorio de los pequenos.
El era perseguido por ti (para variar) y este pequeno ciudadano (yo) pasaba en ese preciso instante por esa esquina y al voltear la cabeza me transforme en "dos ojos bien grandes "al ver que el desgraciado #1 el cual era perseguido por el desgraciado #2 se me venia encima sin tener sistema de frenos ABS (ni similar).
El impacto fue inminente, superman se quedo en panales al lado mio.
Gracias a dios Alloy me agarro por el cuello de la camisa y me puso suavemente de espaldas en el piso; todo este tiempo fue suficiente para que el desgraciado #2 le diera alcance al desgraciado #1 y se cayeran a pina para variar.
En cuanto a mi te dire que estudie cursos preuniversitarios en la pontificia universidad Javeriana de Bogota e hice la carrera de odontologia en la Universidad de los Andes en Merida.
Tengo aproximadamente unos 20 anos trabajando en una clinica privada bajo la sombra de un prestigioso protesista a nivel nacional y efectivamente Kertesz es una de mis victimas perdon pacientes.
Tengo unos 14 anos de casado, tengo 2 ninas Katherine 11 anos, cinturon negro en taekwon do y Ana Patricia 6; mi esposa todavia no se cuantos anos tiene.
He tenido contacto con Andres Eloy Moffie (mi guarda espaldas) y con Luciano Mellone.
Recuerdo a tu hermano Pedro, Assam, Antonio Mezzana (nunca pude ganar una medalla de oro en atletismo gracias a el), a Zamuro hermano de Andres Eloy, Americo Oliveros (cachapa), Gustavo Tar, Antonio Gomez, Gerardo Cesarino, Silva , Ramos, a la pantera rosa (no me acuerdo su nombre), Timothy Healy, etc. me seguire acordando en la medida que nos comuniquemos.
Es un verdadero placer haberme contactado contigo, cuando aprenda a manejar la computadora te envio unas fotos del internado y de mi familia y espero que de ahora en adelante estemos mas en contacto.
Abrazos a tu familia y a Pedro.
Por cierto me acuerdo de una franela que me regalo una senora de lentes que trabajaba como costurera en el dormitorio la franela decia EL NACIONAL.
CHAU.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bable fish translation:
Dear friend:
I received your e-mail and they awakened a large amount of neurons bringing back lots of memories of the past.
First of all let me send greetings to you and your family whom I have seen in the photos that I received from our friend common Kertesz Ladislao.
If you remember well my nickname was SNOOPY being one of the smallest students of the boarding school together with other that was called the gringito.
I remember a scene in particular in which Alloy Garner came running at about 150 Km/h from the volleyball court in the direction of the entrance to the small boy’s dormitory.
He was pursued by you (to vary) and this small citizen (I) was passing at that precise moment by that corner and when I turned my head around I was transformed into "two great eyes" when I saw that the wretched #1 who was persecuted by the wretched #2 came over me without having an ABS brakes system (or similar).
The impact was imminent; superman would have remained in diapers next to me.
Thanks to God, Alloy took hold of me by the neck of the shirt and he put to me smoothly on my back on the floor; all this time was sufficient so that wretched #2 reached wretched #1 and they fell to a fist fight to vary.
As far as myself I will say to you that it studies pre-university courses at the pontifical university Javeriana de Bogota and took up dentistry as career in the University of the Andes in Merida.
I have been working about 20 years in a private clinic under the shade of a prestigious protesist at national level and indeed patient Kertesz is one of my victims pardon patient.
I have been married about 14 years old, I have 2 children, Katherine 11 years, black belt in taekwon do and Ana Patricia 6; my wife I still do not know how many years she has.
I have had contact with Andres Eloy Moffie (my body guard) and with Luciano Mellone.
I remember your brother Pedro, Assam, Antonio Mezana (never could get a gold medal in athletics thanks to him), Zamuro, brother of Andres Eloy, Americo Oliveros (cachapa), Gustavo Tar, Antonio Gomez, Gerald Cesarino, Silva, Ramos, and the panther rosa (I do not remember his name), Timothy helie, etc. I will continue remembering in the measurement that we communicate.
It is a true pleasure to have contacted with you, when I learn to handle the computer I shall send you photos of the boarding school and of my family and I hope that from now on we are going to be in contact often.
Hugs to your family and Pedro.
By the way I remember a t-shirt that was given to me by the lady with lenses who worked as a seamstress at the dormitory, the t-shirt said EL NATIONAL.
CHAU.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Invitation from:
Margaret Mitchell
Friday, August 11, 2006 10:54:22 AM
You are invited to come and help celebrate the
60th Anniversary of the day the stork dropped
DON MITCHELL onto this earth
19th August 2006 at 7.00 p.m.
North Hill
Dress: Elegantly Casual
No gifts, please
Regrets only: 497 2139
235 7896
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neil Charles
"nchacha57@aol.com"
Sunday, July 30, 2006 3:01:42 PM
Ladislao,
I am sorry for not keeping up with you, but I have been a bit busy (not a good excuse),
How are you and the family?
I am planning another trip to T&T and looking for some land in Tobago
I just read about Jean De Meillac and his real estate business, do you have his e-mail?
I will be going to Europe on September 4th and heard that land price is supposed to go up soon.
If this is the case I might have to make that trip to T&T before i go to Europe.
I am enclosing another pic with the names.
Take care and talk to you soon.
(I have included the photo with the names. Ed.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------….
Date: May 8, 2006 2:44:13 PM EDT (CA)
Subject: Neil Charles, Abbey 1970-74
Hello Anthony Garner,
I got your email from Glen Mc Koy,
I don't know if you can remember me, Jimmy Samaroo, Roger Juman, Edmond Sanoir, Joseph Maryuen (he died last year) and myself were always together.
I was in Trinidad last month and got together with Joseph Berment, Yunus Ali, Winston Ramsahai, Joseph Habib and took Miss Marcus for tea at the guest house.
I heard that Kamal Khan is a Doctor in Toronto, do you have any contact with him?
We are planning a reunion sometime next year and would like to hear from all the guys that are living abroad.
I heard that Alfredo Seaforth died a long time ago in Venezuela, we were very good friends but lost contact after leaving the mount.
Hope all is well, say hello to Assam for me.
(The Circular needs the address of Assam. Ed.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am trying to update your information or better yet, send me a line or two to be included in a future Circular.
God Bless
Ladislao
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
05LK0001WDILK, Wbladimiro Diaz, Ladislao Kertesz
06NC0001NCHGRP
Tambien de los otros del mensaje
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




No comments: