30.9.06

Circular No 256





Newsletter for Alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 30 September 2006. No. 256
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Here is a compendium of emails by and for Robert de Verteuil.
Lately he has been using Don Mitchell’s Blog to keep updated.
I have just removed his old address and placed the new one.
Fellow ALUMNI just wonder how many addresses that I use have been changed and the Circular disappears in the ether.
I would like you to acknowledge the receipt of this Circular and you would be one more helper of the Newsletter.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Robert,
I have received your message and the material.
I am extremely sorry that you are not receiving my circulars.
I have you as rdev@tstt.net.tt, and I send them thru Netscape.net. This server is used for all TT ALUMNI.
I am going to send your compendium of emails as Circular No. 256, so there is very little time for you to send some additional information
Such like:
How many old boys use the yacht club?
Can you give me a rundown on each???
How about Gordon Mitchell? and others?? Rolph Hive (no email?)
In my time, the thing to be in was the Royal Yacht Club.
I have no information on when the name was changed.
I am sure that a few lines would be interesting for those that went to MSB in the 1950 and 1960s.
Also I believe that it burned down??
I suppose there is the weekly regatta just like in the past?
Waterpolo?
So, please take up the quill and help me.
God bless
Ladislao
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Robert deVerteuil bobdev@tstt.net.tt
Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2006 9:50:13 AM
Dear Ladislao,
I had really given up hope as I had not heard from you and realised that something was wrong!!!
Anyway, delighted to hear from you again and now hope to get back on a mailing list as I have not had a 'bulletin' for about 3 years.
Attached are a few words and 2 pics.
Unfortunately I do not have a recent photo of my son.
Hope these will do for now.
Belated season greetings to you and yours.
Regards
Robert
(Please acknowledge receipt so I will know you got this)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
RESUME
After leaving MSB in 1958 went to Ratcliffe College, Kings LynnTech. and Luton Tech (all in UK).
Did a Pupilage and worked with the Rootes Group (Commercial Vehicle Manufacturers) ’63 to ’66.
Returned to T&T, married in '69 and worked with the AIL vehicle Assy. plant from ’67 until ’91 when ops ceased.
Moved to the Mitsubishi dealership and retired in ’04.
One son and 2 beautiful grand daughters.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, December 25, 2006 12:21 PM
Dear Robert,
From my last email you must have guessed that I am reading old emails and replying, all long overdue.
But I have not read the newer ones because of work and computer problems since my son left for Spain.
I now must learn to fix computers etc.
Well that is life.
Still I need a photo and the resume because your file does not have information for the posterity.
I usually check the files to see if there is something missing.
Remember Circular No. 256 has your name.
God bless
Ladislao
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Robert deVerteuil bobdev@tstt.net.tt
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 10:37:12 AM
Hi Ladislao,
I sent you a note a few days ago regarding one that you sent me.
Since then, a friend of mine who never went to MSB sent me your latest Circ. #243 which he received!!
He has in fact received several in the past.
Anyway, since I have not received anything from you for about 2 years and any attempt to get a note to you failed, I thought maybe you had quit with the circulars.
It appears not!
I note that you are in need of funds to keep the issues going.
I am more than happy to make a contribution but would rather do so when I see you as I do not send credit card info by email and it is still a hassle to ‘wire’ funds abroad.
So please find time to visit us in T&T.!!!
I still hang out at the yacht club and there are other MSB old boys there anxious for a small get together. (Rolph Hive, Gordon Mitchell, Malcolm Boyack, etc).
Is the old boys’ web site still kept up to date?
I would like to visit it again after the years I have not heard from you!!
Please send the address if it is still going.
I look forward to getting a note from you when you get time.
Best regards
Robert deVerteuil
(The old web site collapsed because the last webmaster quit. Ed.)
(Now we have a blog site which works well. Ed)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2/8/2005 10:43:26 AM
Hi Ladislao,
I have not received a 'bulletin' for several weeks now and wonder if it is still in production or if my address has somehow fallen through the cracks.
I do miss the blag!!
Hope all is well with you.
Kind regards
Robert deVerteuil
……………………………………………………………………………………………………
From: Robert de Verteuil
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 1:28 PM
Subject: Rolph Hive
Hi Ladislao,
I have been meaning to send you a note for some time now to congratulate you on keeping the MSB old boys circular going and reminding us of the 'good times' we had while at the Mount.
It's amazing how many people you can bump into who spent (did) time at the Mount, which then generates a long series of stories, sagas, tales and experiences...good and bad...and to discuss about the interesting folks met there and what they are doing now.
Rolph Hive is anxious to get on your mailing list and can share many of his experiences with others, as he has done with me.
Looking forward to meeting you again when next you visit T&T
Regards
Robert deVerteuil (bobdev@tstt.net.tt)
(Rolph´s address does not work. Ed.)
……………………………………………………………………………………………………..
From: "J & M de verteuil"
Date: 21 Jul 10:49 (PDT)
Subject: Hello from Jason de Verteuil
Dear Mr. Kertesz,
I am the son of Robert de Verteuil, I read all of your emails as I find it so fascinating.
I myself went to boarding school in Barbados.
Some of the pictures and copies of documents etc.
I see and read I can identify with as our school was run by English masters to which life was about the same.
For me it was great friends, bad food, great experiences and memories.
Anyway, I write because I own my own business and market safety identification products, signs, labels and other various products, my dad mentioned that you manufacture and or market safety lighting and other types of products.
If possible could forward to me some documentation about what your company manufactures etc. maybe we can look at the possibility marketing your products here if they aren't already.
Yours sincerely,
Jason de Verteuil
West Venture Limited
5 Fitt Street
Woodbrook
Port of Spain
Trinidad
West Indies
Phone: 868 625 8849
Fax: 868 623 4656
(My WEB page is KAVIACION.COM. Ed)
………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
From: "Robert de Verteuil"
Date: 23 May 07:27 (PDT)
Hi Ladislao,
I have a new address for Email at my home.
Please forward any mail / circulars to this address.
Will drop you a line soon.
Please acknowledge confirming receipt.
Best regards
Robert deVerteuil
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you provide the names on for the photos?
God Bless
Ladislao
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos in this issue:
06RD0001RDVTT, Robert de Verteuil
06RD0002RDVTT, Grands
58RB0004, ??????????????
58RB0005, ?????????????

No comments: