5.8.06

Circular No 248





Newsletter for Alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 5 August 2006. No. 248
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
This is going to be a short Circular, it is one that has difficulties in getting out and it is one of those that keeps up the backlog, so I am sending it out today.
Now a newcomer to new Circular era, the Blog era run by Don Mitchell.
Please visit the site and send us the blog comments so that I may write it in the Circular.
But before I continue I would like to make an urgent call to all Date´s and ask them to write a resume.
The list is as follows: ALUMNI: ROBIN, CHRISTOPHER, PAUL, ROBERT:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 11:38:02 +0900
From: "Alan Date" alandate@gmail.com
Subject: Greetings from South Korea!

Dear Ladislao,
Greetings and felicitations from Seoul (and doesn't that have a Mount ring to it?)!
To you and to all Mount Old Boys.
Ladislao, in this 'Land of the Morning Calm', diligence is highly prized; and you, sir, need take a bow:
I have been abundantly blessed by your efforts over the years in trying to contact me. Mea culpa:
I have had a thousand and one reasons for not writing to you before this, but none of them perfectly satisfactory.
For the moment, I'll be brief: my end-of-term fast approaches and class prep is insistent.
I have been teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) here at Yonsei University in Seoul since 2001
Koreans rank Yonsei in the top three of universities in this education-mad country. (Shh, how could a Trini, an Abbey School alumnus (1962-64) at that, end up teaching English, eh?
Yuh ent see the good Lord have a sense of humour?
I once tried to do a class exercise using a recording of Rudder's 'Trini to The Bone', but they couldn't handle it at all, at all... & they pay me for this :).
I'll attach a few pityars (the Buddhist temple is a 5 min. walk from my ap't), and have noted my contact details below.
I'd better go: a Writing class calls my name...I'll try to contribute again, and soon.
And I would love to hear from one and all!
God bless.
Alan
"Deus caritas est [God is love]"
CONTACT details:
1) Phone: Mobile/ cell: 011 (82) 19-623-3435
- as dialled from North America and the Caribbean (& Venezuela?)
2) VOIP: 'alandate' on http://www.skype.com : is free!
3) email: "Alan Date" <alandate@gmail.com>
4) Mailing address:
Alan Date
Seodaemun-Gu
Daesin-Dong 126-6
Media House 401
Seoul 120-160
SOUTH KOREA
………………………………………………………………………..
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 11:01:34 +0900
From: "Alan Date" alandate@gmail.com
To: "ìœ„ê°•ì „ - Gang Jeon We, Global Lounge Executive Manager" , "Assoc. Dean Chai Hark"

Dear Gang Jeon We,
Thanks to both you and to Associate Dean Chai Hark for your excellent service in forwarding this email below to me.
I very much appreciate your effort!
I have never met the writer, Ladislao Kertesz, but he is the Alumni Newsletter editor of a school I attended 40 years ago in Trinidad (in the Caribbean).
I will write to him and mention the great 'detective work' (by you in Korea and by my cousin Nigel in Canada) in contacting me!
Sincerely,
Alan
………………………………………………………………………
On 5/29/06, ìœ„ê°•ì „ <huskywi@yonsei.ac.kr> wrote:

Respectfully,
Gang Jeon We
Global Lounge Executive Manager
Division of Int'l Education & Exchange
Yonsei University
134 Sinchon-dong Seodaemun-gu
Seoul 120-749
KOREA
Phone & Fax: +82-2-2123-6489
-----------------------------------------------------------
From: ladislao kertesz [mailto:kertesz12@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 4:49 AM
Subject: Fwd: Re: RE. Circular No. 234, The Abbey School MSB

Dear Professor,
I would like to contact Professor Allan Date (English teacher) who is at your University.
I hope that he is still teaching.
Can you please forward this message??
I have lost his address as I have had problems with the computer.
Can you help??
My best regards
Ladislao Kertesz
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:59:47 -0400
From: "raul leoni" leoni.raul@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Nueva Direccion/New Address

Hi Ladislao,
Yes I have been getting the Circulars, thank you, they bring nice memories.
Regards
Raul
…………………………………………………………
On 7/23/06, laszlo kertesz <kertesz11@yahoo.com> wrote:

Dear Raul,
I hope that you have been getting the Circulars. Any comments?.
Please send me your resume for the listing and posterity.
Any school photos or memoires?
God Bless
Ladislao
…………………………………………………..
raul leoni <leoni.raul@gmail.com> wrote:

Apreciados amigos
Agradezco a todos tomar nota de esta nueva direccion la cual, debido a su capacidad y caracteristicas estare usando de ahora en adelante.
Saludos
Dear Friends,
Please take notice of this new e mail address.
I will be using it from now on due to its capacity and features.
Regards
Raul Leoni
Century 21 United Properties Inc.
2625 Executive Park Dr. Suite 5
Weston, Fl 33332
Tel: 954-349-3391 Ext. 2133
Cel: 954-608-3667
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REMEMBER TO PAY YOUR DUE, 50 WORDS PER YEAR, OR SEND A CHECK preferably from any U.S. Bank, to my address,: sorry but under the new laws of Venezuela, I cannot receive or send foreign currency, if caught I can be placed in jail for 3 years on the first offence, so please sent it direct to the Bank of America account of Ladislao Kertesz 02181 09151, Santa Barbara, California, USA.
For those that prefer this way to cooperate with the Circular and the expense that this generates. It is 52 issues per year.
God Bless
Ladislao
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos in this issue:
04AD0001ADAFAM, Alan Date´s family
04AD0001EDIBT, Temple
06AD0001ADASKR, Alan Date, doing class work?
03SC6237EVEJB, Event 2003,
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: